Each term, the Music Place aims to support one area in the community in which it is difficult for people to experience and benefit from music.
On each invoice sent out, there will be the option to add £1 onto the bill. The money will go to fund an outreach project which takes music out into the community.
Please note: this is an optional donation and under no circumstances would the Music Place want its students to feel obliged to donate.
Current projects for 2016/17
– Carol singing in local care homes
– Supporting the ‘Sing Out’ project, giving children from EBD primary schools the opportunity to perform with a live ten piece band
Projects for 2015/16
– Choir performance at the Priory Hospital, Cheadle Royal
– Sing-a-long to a film screening of South Pacific, for Dementia Awareness Week
– Interactive music day at Longford Park School, Stretford
Previous projects include:
– Interactive music day on the wards of Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, Liverpool
– Saxophone/Percussion duet performance at Brentwood School
– Performance at Lifeshare’s Christmas Project
– Interactive band day at Henshaw’s, Old Trafford
– Vibrant Voices Choir sing-a-long with a big band
– Annual carol singing in local care homes
– Recording of a band formed at the Christie Hospital, Withington
– Interactive music days at the Children’s Adventure Farm Trust